Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A place where I come just to jot down my thoughts and feelings =)



Friday, October 06, 2006

Well...


Hello peps , how are ya's? I'm pretty good. We went and met with the RE today and we really liked him. He wants to get test done. I have to have a lot of bloodwork done and a HSG (hysterosalpingogram) It is an x-ray procedure performed to determine whether the fallopian tubes are open and to see if the shape of the uterine cavity is normal. This test has to be done between cd 5-10 I just hope I don't bleed that long because I won't be able to get the test done. I have to also get bloodwork and a vaginal ultrasound done on cd 3. Boater has to get a SA (Semen Analysis) done and he is able to do it in the privacy of our home =) he just has to have it there with in an hr so thats cool. after all the tests are done then we will meet back up with the RE and go from there. I think he wants to do an IUI (intrauterine insemination) The good thing about going to him is that they monitor you, they take blood test on cd 3 and ultrasounds to see how your eggs are developing. I am a little confussed as to when I have to get what test done but the nurse wrote it all down for me so I'll look over it when Little Guy's in bed. I am also on prenatal multivitamins. He didn't take me off the metformin =( but he gave me the extended release, it's suppose to be more gental on your stomach, he said that it actually helps the clomid and other medicines I may be taking. and I was like well I've been taking it since the end of May and it's not doing anything but making me run to the bathroom. He said that it could take up to 8-9 months to actually see if it's working or not. I can't think of anything else right now my head is still spinning. Ohh and of course he wants Boater and I to quit smoking which we have been talking a lot about so the nurse gave us a booklet on stop smoking in one hr. They do hypnosis it's cost $450.00 but if you happen to pick smoking back up then you can go back as many times as need be for free. We will probably be doing this.
I also went and had my renal ultrasound done, the tech said everything look good even though there not suppose to discuss that with you. I am hoping to maybe get all the bloodwork I need done from my PCP & RE on Monday. I just want to get these test done asap.
I hope everyone had a good day and have a great weekend. Take Care!!
TTFN

4 Comments:

  • At 10/07/2006 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you finally got the referral and are getting started on everything. Sounds like you be having to go through lots of test, but so worth it at the end. Good luck with everything.

     
  • At 10/07/2006 8:28 AM, Blogger Blue said…

    Sounds like this Dr isn't gonna waste any time, that's great! Keep us posted on all the tests! Did they give you anything to start the next cycle since you've been on this one for soooo long?

     
  • At 10/07/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger JC said…

    Yup they gave me provera but I have to have a BPT done first then I can start I am hoping that it will just come on it's own I have been very crampy lately,

     
  • At 10/12/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Mary said…

    wow, that sure is a lot that he's got going on with you! Sounds like a good doctor though. Yeah I agree you need to quit smoking, that definitely effects getting pregnant! BIG HUGS to you and Boater, you guys have been going through so much with this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter